Tinnitus Liberty is serious about protecting your online privacy. This Privacy Statement explains our views and practices concerning privacy, and how they may pertain to you as a user of our website.
“You” or “Your” means you as a participant in or as a user of the tinnitusliberty.com website. “We” or “Our” or “Us” means Tinnitus Liberty. “Our site” means tinnitusliberty.com.
All information transmitted, printed or otherwise submitted to tinnitusliberty.com via this website shall be deemed to be the property of Tinnitus Liberty and Tinnitus Liberty shall be free to use such information for any lawful purpose as detailed herein.
This site contains links to other sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
We reserve the right to release such information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary to comply with the law.
Section 1: Collected Information
We automatically collect and/or track the following:
- Web page http headers (home server domain names, IP address, type of client computer, and type of Web browser);
- information knowingly provided by you through on-line forms, registration forms, surveys, and/or other entries, such as email addresses, personal, financial or demographic information;
- information, user specific or aggregate, on what pages our visitors access; and
- E-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with tinnitusliberty.com via e-mail.
Section 2: Use of Data Collected
We use your personal, demographic and profile data to enhance your experience at our site and to enable us to present content we think you might be interested in. We use your contact information to send you information about our company and promotional material from our partners. We may also use your personal, demographic and profile data to improve our site, for statistical analysis, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers. Information collected by us may be added to our databases and used for future telemarketing, SMS text-messaging, e-mails or postal mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and/or status of orders placed online. By using this site, you agree that you may be contacted in any manner contemplated in this section even if your number is found on a do not call registry, in-house list or similar registry.
Section 3: Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
If you choose to provide personal information, it will be used for the following purposes:
- considering you for a tinnitusliberty.com product;
- as required by law; and
- for marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest. We reserve the right to share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data we collect to third parties. Any third party we share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data to will be prescreened by us, determined by us to be reputable, and will use the personal data for marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest.
Section 4: Your Opt-Out Rights
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and/or our partners by not submitting your information. We also allow you to remove your information from our marketing lists. If you remove your information from our marketing lists it will no longer be used by us to send promotional correspondence to you. You can remove your information from our marketing lists by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send you, or by sending your request, in writing, via email to: supportATTinnitusLibertyDOTcom (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
Section 5: We Do Not Intend to Collect Data from Children
The information and services provided to us or our affiliates, sponsors, and advertisers are not intended to be viewed by children (under 18 years old). No information collected from children is knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside tinnitusliberty.com. No part of tinnitusliberty.com’s web site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 18.
Section 6: Our Right to Contact You
Section 7: Our Right to Change
Section 8: Our Contact Information
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us via email sent to: supportATTinnitusLibertyDOTcom (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
Section 9: Anti Spam Policy. Can-Spam Act Compliance
tinnitusliberty.com is dedicated to ensuring compliance with the ‘Can-Spam Act’, which took effect January 1, 2004. You may receive email from Tinnitus Liberty in the following circumstances:
- Acknowledging your application has been received and requesting additional action
- Requests for additional information to support your current application
- Response to your inquiries regarding the status of your transactional requests
- Thanking you for your valued business
- Advertisements for our products, services, changes in services, new product availability
- Advertisements for third party products and services where we have determined that such product or service may be of interest to our readers and/or customers
To ensure compliance with the Can-Spam Act, tinnitusliberty.com has implemented the following guidelines for email delivery:
- All emails sent to you by Tinnitus Liberty will clearly identify Tinnitus Liberty as the sender. SENDER: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (NOTE: The actual sender will alter from department to department, but all from addresses will end with @tinnitusliberty.com or @mail.tinnitusliberty.com ).
- The Subject Line of any email you receive will always accurately describe the subject matter of the email.
- Any email from Tinnitus Liberty will include the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages.
- Unsubscribing will ensure the customer is removed from ALL lists at Tinnitus Liberty; this excludes customer service emails regarding the processing and status of a current product.
- All emails sent to you directly by Tinnitus Liberty include valid postal address information in the footer.
- All third party marketing partners are required to comply with the Can-Spam Act.
- Emails sent to you directly by Tinnitus Liberty will include an email address and physical address where you can send suggestions, complaints or other correspondence.
Section 10: Information for ISPs
Web site: tinnitusliberty.com
Email Address: supportATTinnitusLibertyDOTcom
(Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
Tinnitus Liberty understands consumers’ concerns over the use of their personal information. We hope this information will relieve any concerns your company may have regarding our email policies. Tinnitus Liberty and its affiliated sites use only an “opt-in or opt-out” method of obtaining customer information, and it is not our policy or desire to send unsolicited email. We obtain email addresses and personal information from third parties that follow the same set of policies. Tinnitus Liberty email messages sent always include information about the origin of the emails and instructions on how recipients can unsubscribe from receiving future email messages.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens.
As a company that markets its site, content, products and/or services online we do not specifically target our marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that you provide to us in the course of your use of our site, content, products and/or services is governed by GDPR, we will abide by the relevant portions of the Regulation.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this site from within the EEA, you may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of; portability of; and restriction or objection to processing, of your personal data, from us. This includes the “right to be forgotten.”
To make any of these requests, please let us know using the guidelines set out in the Contacting Us section below.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Pursuant to CCPA, natural persons who are California residents have certain rights concerning their personal information held by us as described below:
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell. You may submit a consumer request to know this information by following the guidelines set forth in the Contacting Us section below. In order to verify your request, we will ask you to provide your name, e-mail address and certain other pieces of identifying information. Once you have submitted this information and any necessary supporting documentation, we will confirm the information by reviewing it against our records.
Category of Collection Source / Category of Personal Information:
E-mail optin: First name, last name, e-mail address
Business and/or Commercial Purpose for Collection:
We collect e-mails to maintain a list of contacts that we can periodically send out e-mails with information and promotional offers that we feel might be of interest or beneficial to you. All e-mails include the option for the recipient to Manage Subscriptions, including removing themselves from e-mail list(s).
We collect order information in order to fulfill the requested order and to add to our e-mail list.
Categories of Third-Party Recipients:
By submitting your e-mail information on this website, you agree to receive e-mail from us.
Business and/or Commercial Purposes for Disclosing:
While we offer 3rd party companies the opportunity to include promotional information on our website and through e-mails we send out, unless you, as the recipient of this information, takes a specific action, like clicking a link in an e-mail or clicking a link on a website, we will not share your personal information.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us. You may submit a consumer request to delete this information by following the guidelines for Contacting Us in the section so named below.
In order to verify your request, we will ask you to provide your name, e-mail address, and certain other pieces of identifying information. Once you have submitted this information and any necessary supporting documentation, we will confirm the information by reviewing it against our records and any other third-party systems as appropriate.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising the privacy rights granted by the CCPA.
We do not and will sell personal information of any consumer (including personal information of minors under 16 years of age).
In order to exercise the rights described above, you may designate an authorized agent to make request under the CCPA on your behalf.
Information Obtained Automatically Through Technology
Depending on which Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically through technology, such as access logs, cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies, may include:
- Internet Protocol Address (IP address)
- The domain name of your Internet Service Provider
- The website, application, platform or service you visited before and after visiting our Services.
- Information about your computer or mobile device, and their browser, operating system, settings and software.
- Unique device identifiers on your mobile device, including as applicable the Apple or Google advertising identifiers.
- Your approximate geographic location (derived from requested header information, such as your IP address) and/or more precise location information if you have given TinnitusLiberty.com consent to receive this information for a tinnitusliberty.com application on your mobile device.
- The dates, times, duration and frequency of your interactions with our Services, search terms, the media files you download, interact with or share, favorites you select, and your navigation path through our Services.
- Listening data, including information about your interactions with tinnitusliberty.com podcasts and other media files, such as time and date stamps for when a file is downloaded and when playback of a particular segment or sponsorship message starts, stops, is skipped or paused.
- Information about your interactions with our email messages.
- Any errors you encountered during your use of the Services.
This policy may be changed at any time at our discretion. If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our Website along with the new Effective Date.
We hope this information satisfies any questions or concerns you may have regarding the email practices of Tinnitus Liberty. If you have additional questions or wish to discuss this matter further, please contact us at: supportATTinnitusLibertyDOTcom (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
(Last Updated: March 5, 2021)